SCIL (Scan Configured Interface Logic) modules are a range of hardware functions usually pre-programmed into pods that take the place of a regular TAP pod within the JT 37×7 DataBlaster’s QuadPod system. Alternative ‘hosts’ for SCIL functions can also be the JT 2111/MPV (desktop DIOS) or the JT 5112 (MIOS). Currently available SCIL modules for enhancing test coverage are counter/timer and pattern generator/comparator units. Other SCIL modules are used in tandem with a SCIP (Serial Controlled In-system Programming) software options for in-system programming purposes. SCIP/SCIL combinations are used for programming Freescale parts via BDM, and Mono8 interfaces. SPI, I2C, SWD, and Microchip custom one-wire protocols are also supported.
Further SCIL module functions can be developed upon request, simply contact us or your local sales office.
- Expands capability of a JTAG DataBlaster beyond IEEE 1149.1
- Tests and programs using alternative serial protocols (I2C, SPI, SWD, BDM etc.)
- Allows custom instruments to be controlled for enhanced functional testing
- Improves ROI (return on investment) with respect to hardware controller
SCIL modules can be used wherever customised testing or programming equipment is needed. Various SCIL modules are available off-the-shelf for applications such as digital pattern generation/detection (logic analysis), counter/timer etc.. Specific SCIL modules for device programming are also available. JTAG Technologies special projects team also accepts requests for fully bespoke SCIL interfaces.
JT 2149/MPV-0xx SCIL modules references are as follows:
- 001 – 32 channels DIOS
- 006 – low voltage TAP interface for Intel (Atom etc..)
- 011 – programming adapter Renesas micros
- 015 – programming adapter HC08
- 016 – programming adapter HCS08/HCS12
- 017 – programming adapter HC08/HCS08/HCS12
- 018 – programming adapter (BDM) MPC500 series
- 019 – programming adapter ARM SWD
- 067 – instrument pattern generator
- 071 – instrument pattern generator/comparator
- 037 – protocol engine – Dallas 1 wire
- 034 – protocol engine – Microchip
- 035 – protocol engine – SPI
- 036 – protocol engine – I2C (to 3.6 MHz)
Happy to serve you!
We have been able to solve thousands of board test problems by actively engaging with our customers. Once you become a JTAG Technologies customer you are an integral part of our business with free access to our world-wide support network.