Micro’s & DSP’s (Embedded)
JTAG Technologies offers a range of options that can be used by engineers to improve their device programming facilities without adding much in the way of additional hardware. Our solutions for programming embedded memories of Microprocessors and DSPs are also known as SCIP (Serial Controlled IC Programmer) modules. The family comprises a wide range of software modules that can be used by test and production engineers to broaden the scope of their in-system device programming facilities without adding much or anything in the way of additional interface hardware.
While many devices have standardised on JTAG (IEEE Std 1149.1) as hardware interface for programming and testing there has been little in the way of standardisation regarding the way internal (flash) memories are programmed. The use of ‘Private’ instructions and non-standard state machine implementations have meant that some JTAG/boundary-scan tool-sets are unable to cope with the variety of devices that now use JTAG as their programming interface. Furthermore there exists a secondary layer of devices that use other, often lower pin count, interfaces to support their programming. Examples of these alternative interfaces are BDM, SPI, SWD (ARM Single Wire Debug) etc.. JTAG Technologies SCIP modules overcome these obstacles.
- Solutions for programming µProcessors, µControllers, DSPs etc. with embedded flash
- In-system program (ISP) technique minimises device handling and reduces static and mechanical damage
- Re-use existing JTAG hardware (JT 37×7) for both ISP and testing
- Reduced fixture complexity and costs as a result of reduced hardware considerations
SCIP modules are highly useful in production facilities where it is beneficial to combine both PCB testing and in-system device programming facilities in a single instrument, using a single familiar software interface. For a list of currently supported devices please check out the Devices tab on this page.
- Multiple busses and protocols supported (JTAG, BDM, Microchip, SPI, I2C) using JTAG SCIL modules where required
- Request additional device support
Fast turnaround for requested support
- Provides a universal ISP solution
Happy to serve you!
We have been able to solve thousands of board test problems by actively engaging with our customers. Once you become a JTAG Technologies customer you are an integral part of our business with free access to our world-wide support network.