While many ICs are equipped with a JTAG (IEEE Std. 1149.1) boundary-scan register (BSR), a significant number of microprocessors and DSPs can be found with deficient or even non-existent BSRs. CoreCommander Micro uses the on-chip debug mode of processors to access ports and embedded peripheral controllers to promote ‘kernel-centric’ testing. Similarly, in the case of today’s Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) test engineers can ‘bridge’ from the JTAG interface to the resources of the gate array itself. Our CoreCommander FPGA product implements a ‘translator’ interface that allows our JTAG hardware to control embedded IP cores via a variety of bus interfaces (e.g. Wishbone, CoreConnect, AXI, Avalon etc.).
- Overcomes deficiencies in boundary-scan registers
- Works with devices not compliant to IEEE Std. 1149.x
- Most popular processor cores & FPGAs supported (ARM PPC etc.)
- Code compatible with Python for test scripting
- Low-cost compared to other solutions.
CoreCommander Micro routines can be used to boost test coverage in applications that have only a small amount or even no IEEE std 1149.1 (conventional boundary-scan) test access options. By taking hold directly of the target processor’s core the user can write to or read from configuration registers and internal or external memory spaces. CoreCommander FPGA works by leveraging existing IP that might form part of the configured function of the device. Elements such as DDR memory controllers can now be ‘commanded’ via JTAG access through a translator block and bus systems like Avalon and Wishbone.
- Supported by JTAG Technologies, JTAG Live and FTDI based controllers/interfaces
- Simple to use interactive GUI to perform core writes/reads
- Processor functions include ‘EnterDebug’, ‘ExitDebug’, ‘LoadMemory’, ‘SaveMemory’, ‘WritePC’, ‘ReadPC’
- FPGA users benefit from IP access via standard busses Avalon, AMBA, CoreConnect and Wishbone
- Micro Cores supported are: ARM 7/9/11/Cortex M, Freescale PPC, X-scale PXA27x/27x/3xx, TI C2000, Microchip PIC32 & ST C166
- Works in tandem with JFT- Python JTAG/boundary-scan routines.
|Analog Devices||Blackfin BF5xx|
|ARM – Cortex-A/R (For A5,A7,A8,A9,A15,R4,R5,R7)|
|ARM – Cortex-M (For M0,M1,M3,M4,M7, M0-SWD,M1-SWD,M3-SWD,M4-SWD,M7-SWD)|
|Intel (Altera)||JTAG Technologies Translator for FPGAs|
|Marvell||XSCALE – PXA25x / PXA26x|
|XSCALE – PXA3xx|
|XSCALE – PXA27x / IXP4xx|
|MPC5xx / MPC8xx|
|Renesas||RH850/D1x / RH850/f1x|
|Xilinx||JTAG Technologies Translator for FPGAs|
Happy to serve you!
We have been able to solve thousands of board test problems by actively engaging with our customers. Once you become a JTAG Technologies customer you are an integral part of our business with free access to our world-wide support network.