The integration of JTAG/Boundary-scan with 6TL’s brand of functional test equipment (FTE) provides a best of both solution that can address the majority of board and system test requirements. Since boundary-scan and functional test are complementary test methods, this combination often provides an optimal strategy with lowest overall cost and maximum coverage for anticipated fault types. Using the built-in JTAG controller capability of the YAV9JTAG card also reduces cost and resource overheads for basic applications
Test and in-system programming applications are generated on JTAG Technologies’ development tools (JTAG ProVision or Classic) and can be easily imported into the 6TL environment.
- Cost-effective integration of JTAG boundary-scan testing/programming and 6TL YAV module capabilities
- Supports YAV9JTAG boundary-scan controller card and YAV9JTAH ‘DIOS’ module
- Single production phase for boundary-scan and functional testing
- Greatly enhances test coverage on digital and mixed signal designs.
- Adds comprehensive JTAG-based In-System Programming capabilities and Processor Controller Test options
- Easy to retrofit to existing fixtures and programs
JTAG has traditionally been considered a structural type test per formed from the inside [of an IC ] out – enabled by the presence of test logic embedded within JTAG/boundary-scan/IEEE 1149.x compatible devices. When applied to suitable, mostly digital, designs JTAG can on its own, offer a complete test solution. More often however merging JTAG with an additional test or inspection method such as functional test gives a more complete solution.
- JTAG Technologies compatible boundary-scan controller based on FT2232H connected via USB (important – no TRST pin support)
- Alternative external TAP connector (suitable for connection to a JT3705/USB, a JT2137 POD or a JT2147/xxx POD)
- 112 Digital I/O channels 1.8V/2.5V/3.3V (5V tolerant)
- 104 Digital I/O channels 1.8V/2.5V/3.3V (5V tolerant)
- 5 RS-232 level inputs & 3 RS-232 level outputs
- A UART controlling 2 RS-232 outputs and 2 RS-232 inputs (accessible via JFT/Python script)
- 8 Analog inputs (accessible via JFT/Python script)
Happy to serve you!
We have been able to solve thousands of board test problems by actively engaging with our customers. Once you become a JTAG Technologies customer you are an integral part of our business with free access to our world-wide support network.