JTAG Technologies BSDL generation/verification system combines advanced software with a unique hardware interface and automatically verifies an existing BSDL (Boundary-Scan Description Language) file or creates a BSDL file for the device if none exists from a known good sample device. The system complies with the recognized standard for BSDL descriptions – IEEE Std. 1149.1b . BSDL files describe the boundary-scan characteristics of a specific device in terms of scan register lengths, ID codes, instruction codes, etc.. and are a fundamental input to ATPG (e.g. ProVision) and other boundary-scan software tools.
- Create and verify Boundary-Scan Description Language (BSDL) files using the actual integrated circuit
- Wizard guides the user through the generation / verification process
- Graphical editor provides interactive preparation of pin list for PGA and BGA device packages (in case no BSDL file exists)
- Table-structured editor generates pin list definition interactively for other device package types (in case no BSDL file exists)
- Extensive reporting features: cell list, pin list, input list, output list, register information
- Support for wide range of package types: PGA, BGA, QFP, TSOP, etc. with automatic wiring/netlist generation software
For use by device manufacturers to confirm and test the capability of their device’s boundary-scan architecture. Reverse engineer BSDL models for legacy devices without accurate data. The BSDL can be used as a simple low-cost tester against counterfeit devices.
- 512 I/O channels each with independent sense, drive, bi-directional, and tri-state capabilities
- 1, 2, 4, or 8 I/Os selectable per segment of 16 I/Os
- Input and output voltage levels separately programmable per segment and segments can be individually bypassed
- Programmable input threshold from 0 V to 4.1 V in steps of 0.1 V
- Programmable output voltage from 1.5 V to 3.6 V in steps of 0.1 V
- Internal 5 V power supply plus three flexible power supply points
- High-speed TCK (up to 40 MHz) for maximum performance
Happy to serve you!
We have been able to solve thousands of board test problems by actively engaging with our customers. Once you become a JTAG Technologies customer you are an integral part of our business with free access to our world-wide support network.